Friends of the Albany Public Library
In 1941, the Friends of the Albany Public Library was established to provide funds for programs and equipment not covered by the City budget. As the services offered by the Library continue to increase, the support of the Friends becomes ever more important.
Program February 13, 2015 at noon – Ariko Iso, football trainer at OSU
For more information Ariko Iso – Feb 2015
Tickets on sale now for Library Uncorked 2015!
Saturday February 7, 2015 at the Main Library.
2014-15 Programs for the Friends of the Albany Public Library
September 12, 2014 – Jim Lindsay, author of Little Bastards
October 10, 2014 – Nancy Weber, OSU mycologist (mushroom expert)
November 7 & 8, 2014 – Annual Book Sale at the Fairgrounds
December 12, 2014 – Jane Donovan and Leslie Hogan, Reader’s Theater Presentation: “Beginning of the National Park System (Eleanor Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt, Gifford Pinchot)”
January 9, 2015 – Wine & Food Pairing by local wine expert
February 13, 2015 – Ariko Iso, football trainer at OSU
March 13, 2015- Mike Waters of Timberhill Athletic Club presents “How to Age Healthfully”
April 10, 2015 – Scott Burns of PSU, author of “Cataclysm on the Columbia”
May 8, 2015 – Gregory Nokes, author of “Slavery on Trial in the Oregon Territory”
The Friends of the Albany Public Library are planning another gala wine tasting and silent auction event right before Valentine’s Day. This time it will be held at the Main Albany Public Library.. SAVE THE DATE NOW!
View a list of past programs hosted by the Friends as well as the program flyers.
Become a Friend of Albany Public Library
- Friends of the Library Bookstore
April is membership month
Dues: Senior – $10
Individual – $15
Family – $20
Sustaining – $50
Sponsor – $100
Benefactor – $500
- To join the Friends, please stop by the Bookstore, or pick up a brochure at either Library. Please make checks payable to: FRIENDS OF THE ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY. Mail to 2450 14th Ave. SE, Albany, OR, 97322-6880
- For a downloadable membership form, click here.
- BOOK STORE- Main Library – M, W, F 1:00-5:00; Tues 12:00-3:00; Sat 1:00-4:00
- Noon programs the second Friday of each month, September-May
- Summer Reading Programs for children, young adults and adults, June-August
- 2014 Used Book Sale – Save the date! November 7-8, 2014; Linn County Fairgrounds
- Author’s Day in April
- Used books for sale at both Library branches
- Book bags, note cards, coffee cups, and holiday ornaments for sale at the Friends Book Store
- For book donation pick-up call Nancy Powell at 541-928-4400
SERIOUSLY SEEKING BOOKS! You and your donations are needed! All types of books welcome, and don’t forget your CD’s, and DVD’s. Bring your books to back entrance of the new library or to the Carnegie Library.
Recent Purchases from Dues and Gifts
- Meeting room chairs and tables
- Chairs for catalog access
- Window coverings
- Books, and other materials
- Magazine racks
- Microfilm Reader Printer