Friends of the Albany Public Library
In 1941, the Friends of the Albany Public Library was established to provide funds for programs and equipment not covered by the City budget. As the services offered by the Library continue to increase, the support of the Friends becomes ever more important.
Friends of the Library Book Store Hours at the Main Library
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:00-5:00
Tuesday and Thursday 12:00-3:00
2016-17 Programs for the Friends of the Albany Public Library
September 9, 2016 – Dr. Robert Lillie discusses his book, “Beauty from the Beast; Plate Tectonics and the Landscapes of the Pacific Northwest”
October 14, 2016 – Hannah Miller, Jackson Street Youth Shelter
November 3 – 5, 2016 – Annual Book Sale at the Fairgrounds
December 9, 2016 – Leslie Hogan, Majestic Theater Presentation
January 13, 2017 – Henry Hughes, “Backseat with Fish”
February 10, 2017 – Scott Burns, “Wine and Geology”
March 4, 2017 Library Uncorked! 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
March 10, 2017 – Tricia Brown, “Wonder Dog”
April 14, 2017 – Wendy Kirbey, Historic Carousel & Museum Update
May 12, 2017 – Barney Blalock, “The Oregon Shanghaiers”
Become a Friend of Albany Public Library
April is membership month
- To join the Friends, please stop by the Bookstore, or pick up a brochure at either Library. Please make checks payable to: FRIENDS OF THE ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY. Mail to 2450 14th Ave. SE, Albany, OR, 97322-6880
- For a downloadable membership form, click here.
Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Noon programs the second Friday of each month, September-May
- Summer Reading Programs for children, young adults and adults, June-August
- Used Book Sale
- Library Uncorked
- Author’s Day in April
- Used books for sale at both Library branches. All types of books welcome, including CD’s and DVD’s
- Book bags, note cards, coffee cups, and holiday ornaments for sale at the Friends Book Store
- For book donation pick-up call Nancy Powell at 541-928-4400
- Library Uncorked, wine tasting and silent auction to support children’s programming and scholarships
Find out how to double your donation and receive a tax credit by donating to the Friends of the Albany Public Library and Oregon Cultural Trust! culturaltrust.org