Friends of the Albany Public Library
In 1941, the Friends of the Albany Public Library was established to provide funds for programs and equipment not covered by the City budget. As the services offered by the Library continue to increase, the support of the Friends becomes ever more important.
December Program ~ Christmas Silver Tea
Noon Friday December 13, 2013
Entertainment at the Christmas tea will be Dr. Timothy Reid, veterinarian at Reid Veterinary Hospital in Albany. An animated and witty storyteller, Dr. Reid will share a humorous Christmas story for all to enjoy!
Dr. Reid is an active presenter in local elementary schools and has participated for over 20 years in the annual Albany Rotary Club Christmas Program for first and second grade children from Albany schools.
Born and raised in Albany, Tim has followed his family legacy as a third-generation veterinarian. Reid Veterinary Hospital has been meeting Albany and Corvallis resident’s small animal needs for dogs, cats, birds, and reptiles since 1934.
Dr. Reid received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Washington State and Oregon State Universities and has been a practicing veterinarian for 26 years. Dr. Reid is particularly well known for his great compassion dealing with pets and emotional disorder. Married to his high school sweetheart, Allison, for 33 years, the couple has four boys.
Bring a friend! Come and enjoy tea and special Christmas cookies too!
September Sallie Reihl, Seeking the Elephant: OR-CA Pioneer Trails
October JoLee & Steve Bryant, Visiting National Parks
November FOL Booksale
December Tim Reid, A Christmas Reading
January Matt Morse, Wine Authority
February Dr. Max Geier, author of “Murder on the OR Rails”
Library Uncorked Save the date for the Library Uncorked gala event celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Carnegie Library; it will be held February 8, 2014.
March Coastal Farm Supply staff, Backyard Animals
April To be announced
May Everett Kaser, Bee Culture
View a list of past programs hosted by the Friends as well as the program flyers.
Become a Friend of Albany Public Library
- Friends of the Library Bookstore
April is membership month
Dues: Senior - $10
Individual - $15
Family - $20
Sustaining - $50
Sponsor - $100
Benefactor - $500
- To join the Friends, please stop by the Bookstore, or pick up a brochure at either Library. Please make checks payable to: FRIENDS OF THE ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY. Mail to 2450 14th Ave. SE, Albany, OR, 97322-6880
- For a downloadable membership form, click here.
- BOOK STORE- Main Library - M, W, F 1:00-5:00; Tues 12:00-3:00; Sat 1:00-4:00
- Noon programs the second Friday of each month, September-May
- Summer Reading Programs for children, young adults and adults, June-August
- 2013 Used Book Sale - Save this date! November 8 - 9, 2013; Linn County Fairgrounds
- Author's Day in April
- Used books for sale at both Library branches
- Book bags, note cards, coffee cups, and holiday ornaments for sale at the Friends Book Store
- For book donation pick-up call Nancy Powell at 541-928-4400
SERIOUSLY SEEKING BOOKS! You and your donations are needed! All types of books welcome, and don't forget your CD's, and DVD's. Bring your books to back entrance of the new library or to the Carnegie Library.
Recent Purchases from Dues and Gifts
- Meeting room chairs and tables
- Chairs for catalog access
- Window coverings
- Books, and other materials
- Magazine racks
- Microfilm Reader Printer