Friends of the Albany Public Library
In 1941, the Friends of the Albany Public Library was established to provide funds for programs and equipment not covered by the City budget. As the services offered by the Library continue to increase, the support of the Friends becomes ever more important.
Friends of the Library Book Store Hours at the Main Library
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:00-5:00
Tuesday and Thursday 12:00-3:00
Library Uncorked February 20, 2016 Tickets on Sale NOW!
Buy your tickets at either Library or at Browser’s Books, $25 each.
2015-16 Programs for the Friends of the Albany Public Library
September 11, 2015 – Ed Loy, author of Gem of the Willamette Valley, “A History of Albany”
October 9, 2015 – Albany Police Officer John Trantham, Personal and Property Protection
November 5 – 7, 2015 – Annual Book Sale at the Fairgrounds
December 11, 2015 – Jane Donovan and Leslie Hogan, Reader’s Theater Presentation
January 8, 2016 – Mary Olson, Owner Airlie Winery discusses wine and cheese pairings
February 12, 2016 – Graham Kislingbury, “The Life of Randy Shilts”
March 11, 2016 – Diana Goeres-Gardner, “Inside the Oregon State Hospital”
April 8, 2016 – Dr. Robert Lillie discusses his book, “Beauty from the Beast; Plate Tectonics and the Landscapes of the Pacific Northwest”
May 13, 2016 – Ric & Gale Blasquez, “Lavender Farming and How to Reinvent your Second Career”
Become a Friend of Albany Public Library
April is membership month
- To join the Friends, please stop by the Bookstore, or pick up a brochure at either Library. Please make checks payable to: FRIENDS OF THE ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY. Mail to 2450 14th Ave. SE, Albany, OR, 97322-6880
- For a downloadable membership form, click here.
- Noon programs the second Friday of each month, September-May
- Summer Reading Programs for children, young adults and adults, June-August
- Used Book Sale
- Library Uncorked
- Author’s Day in April
- Used books for sale at both Library branches. All types of books welcome, including CD’s and DVD’s
- Book bags, note cards, coffee cups, and holiday ornaments for sale at the Friends Book Store
- For book donation pick-up call Nancy Powell at 541-928-4400
- Library Uncorked, wine tasting and silent auction to support children’s programming and scholarships