Loans and Renewals
Renewals may be requested at the Circulation Desk in the Library, over the telephone, or through the “My Account” feature in the Catalog.
- Items may be renewed two times for their normal checkout period.
- The renewal period begins on the day the item is renewed.
- No item with an outstanding reserve may be renewed.
- No item overdue more than seven days can be renewed except when searching for a lost item.
- Nonrenewable items must be reshelved before they can be checked out again.
How to renew online
- If you are on the Library’s site but not inside the Catalog, click on “Catalog” along the top of the page.
- In the menu across the top of the page are several options. Click on “My Account.”
- Type in your library card number and birth date as shown, and click on “LOGIN.”
- Click on the box to the left of each title you wish to renew.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the “Renew Selected Items” box. Items eligible for renewal will be given new due dates. Items that cannot be renewed will be listed separately for you.
Vacation loan periods may be requested at the time of checkout and they are double the usual loan period. Items that normally check out for one week will be checked out for two weeks, and items that normally check out for three weeks will be checked out for six weeks. Call or e-mail us for an extended loan – 541-917-7581.
Top of Page
Items not owned by the Albany Public Library may be requested from another institution by submitting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request. For each ILL request, there is a nonrefundable $3.00 fee. Although the Library will make every effort to fill your request, there is no guarantee that it will be possible to do so. Please allow 1 to 3 weeks for requests to be filled. For more information, or to submit an ILL request, please visit the Reference desk or call 541-917-7582.
Top of Page
Fines are charged for overdue materials based upon the current fee schedule. Patrons may continue to check out library materials until they have accumulated $5.00 in charges. At that point, patrons will not be permitted library privileges until the fines are brought below $5.00. If overdue items are returned before the fifth day overdue, the patron will not be fined for the first four days. (This is a four-day grace period.)
Fines for overdue library materials are:
For all materials $.20 per item per day; to a maximum cost of material or $5.00, whichever is lower.