Loans and Renewals
Renewals may be requested at the Circulation Desk in the Library, over the telephone, or through the “My Account” feature in the Catalog.
- Items may be renewed two times for their normal checkout period.
- The renewal period begins on the day the item is renewed.
- No item with an outstanding reserve may be renewed.
- No item overdue more than seven days can be renewed except when searching for a lost item.
- Nonrenewable items must be reshelved before they can be checked out again.
How to renew online
- From the Library’s website click “My account” in the drop down menu below “Catalog” or choose “Log in to your account” in the upper right column of the page. From within the catalog click the “Your account log in” button in the top right of the screen.
- Type in your library card number and birth date as shown, and click on “LOG IN.” For help logging into your account, visit the Account Help page or contact the library at 541-917-7580.
- Click on the “Items Checked Out” tab.
- Click on the box to the left of each title you wish to renew.
- At the top of the list of your checkouts, click the “Go” button next to the “Renew Selected Titles” drop down menu.
- A pop-up message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to renew; select ok or cancel.
- A message will appear at the top of the list of check-outs stating how many items were successfully renewed, and/or how many items failed to renew (in red).
Vacation loan periods may be requested at the time of checkout and they are double the usual loan period. Items that normally check out for one week will be checked out for two weeks, and items that normally check out for three weeks will be checked out for six weeks. Call or e-mail us for an extended loan – 541-917-7581.
Top of Page
Items not owned by the Albany Public Library may be requested from another institution by submitting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request. For each ILL request, there is a nonrefundable $3.00 fee. Although the Library will make every effort to fill your request, there is no guarantee that it will be possible to do so. Please allow 1 to 3 weeks for requests to be filled. For more information, or to submit an ILL request, please visit the Reference desk or call 541-917-7582.
Top of Page
Fines are charged for overdue materials based upon the current fee schedule. Patrons may continue to check out library materials until they have accumulated $5.00 in charges. At that point, patrons will not be permitted library privileges until the fines are brought below $5.00. If overdue items are returned before the fifth day overdue, the patron will not be fined for the first four days. (This is a four-day grace period.)
Fines for overdue library materials are:
For all materials $.20 per item per day; to a maximum cost of material or $5.00, whichever is lower.