Resources for Readers
The Albany Public Library offers two book clubs.
If you’re looking for good books to read, like to talk about books you’ve read, wish to meet other bibliophiles, or want to broaden your life perspective with exposure to new ideas and viewpoints, please come and join the group. If you have any questions or want more information, call the Reference Desk, at (541) 917-7582.
State and Federal Governement
- Oregon Blue Book Home Page
- Oregon Dept. of Revenue
- Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division
- Oregon Revised Statutes
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon Vital Records
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- EPA – Information Services
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page
- United States Bureau of Indian Affairs
- FirstGov.gov – Official website for searching the U.S. Government
- Federal Tax Forms
- The White House Briefing Room
- U.S. Government Publishing Office
- US Government Benefits
Statistics & Demographics
Due to limited funding the IRS only sends a small number of tax forms, instructions, and publications. In addition, the Library has copies of instruction booklets for in-house use at the Reference Desk. You can print tax forms and instructions for 15 cents per page.
Order Tax Forms from IRS
You can order many of the tax forms and publications and have them mailed to you through the IRS web page.
AARP volunteers are available by appointment for free assistance with your filing; call the Albany Senior Center at 541-917-7760 for information and to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available:
Senior Center: Mon., Wed., Fri. 9 a.m to 3 p.m.
Main Library: Tues., 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Sat. 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The State of Oregon is no longer distributing paper forms and instruction booklets to libraries.
- The Internal Revenue Service no longer automatically mails forms and instructions to individual taxpayers. Tax forms and instructions may be printed for .15 cents per page.
- You can e-file using Library computers.
- State of Oregon Dept. of Revenue Forms and Instructions
- Oregon e-file information
- Oregon tax payer assistance
- Departamento de Impuestos de Oregon