If you haven’t signed up for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten yet, this is the week to do so!
We can show you how to use Beanstack to log your books or get you on your way with our paper tracking version. There are small prizes at various milestones as you read toward your 1,000 books, and it is never too early to get started reading to your babies and young children. We can offer some great board book and picture book recommendations that you will love.
2022: A Year of Celebrations! We just launched another year-long challenge on Beanstack for all ages. Every month, week and day is a celebration of something. Let’s take this year to explore some of them. We’ll offer a selection of celebrations and you can read about whatever strikes your fancy. Each quarter there will be a drawing for prizes for participation .We hope this challenge will add some fun to your reading this year. Here’s the link.
WE DID IT! The Albany Public Library reached our goal of reading 4 million minutes!
Thanks to everyone who read during our Summer Reading Program.
As of April 15th, we are happy to announce the Albany Public Library is no longer charging late fines for overdue items!
We strive to provide access and information to all members of our community. By eliminating late fines, we hope to improve access to many of the people who benefit the most from what public libraries offer.
Want to improve your computer skills? Sign up for this 3 week course where you will learn computer basics and get hands-on practice! The workshop will be held at the Main Library on June 7, June 14, and June 21, 10 – 11:30 am. Register at cityofalbany.libcal.com
Check out our digital service for ebooks and audiobooks- CloudLibrary!
New titles for all ages!
Our computer lab is back in business! Schedule a 2-hour appointment at Main or Carnegie by visiting our calendar or calling 541-917-7580.
Please note both locations are still closed to the public. Appointments are limited and required for access to the computer lab. Other details available in the calendar listing.
Just need to print? Check out our printing to-go service.
You can make a donation of new and gently used materials. By making donations to the Library or the Friends of the Library Bookstore, you are helping support our Library.
The Friends of the Library Bookstore (Main Library):
Monday 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday Noon-3:00 p.m.
Wednesday 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Thursday Noon – 3:00 p.m.
Friday 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Saturday 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Donations of all types of books are welcome, as well as CDs and DVDs. Bring books to the Main Library or to the Carnegie Library.
Fines are charged for overdue materials based upon the current fee schedule.
Who is eligible for this delivery service? | ¿Quién califica para este servicio?
· Albany residents living within Albany city limits who have an Albany Public Library account (in good standing). | Personas que viven dentro de los límites de la ciudad con una cuenta en buena condición con la Biblioteca Pública de Albany.
· Albany city residents confined to their homes due to illness, injury, disability or limited mobility. | Los habitantes de Albany confinados a casa debido a una enfermedad, discapacidad o necesidades especiales
· This delivery service is available for a temporary situation or as a long-term arrangement. | Este servicio de entrega está disponible para un arreglo temporal o a largo plazo.
· After your application is reviewed, a staff member will contact you to discuss eligibility and your delivery needs. | Cuando recibamos su solicitud, un miembro del personal bilingüe se comunicará con usted para discutir su elegibilidad y necesidades de entrega.
All library materials that can normally be checked out and have been placed on hold for you, including books, magazines, audiobooks on CD, DVDs, and music CDs. | Todos los materiales de la biblioteca que usted normalmente puede pedir prestado, incluyendo los libros, revistas, audiolibros, películas, y música.
· Albany Public Library materials will check out for 30 days and will be picked up during the next delivery. | Los materiales de la Biblioteca Pública de Albany se retirarán durante 30 días y se recogerán durante la próxima entrega.
· Library materials borrowed from other Linn County Libraries may check out for one to three weeks and have a different due date. | Materiales de otras bibliotecas del condado de Linn se pueden retirar durante 1-3 semanas y tienen una fecha de vencimiento diferente.
· You may renew your items following regular guidelines, if there is not a current hold by another person. Renewals are not available for Albany Public Library DVDs and items that normally check out for one week. | Puede renovar sus materiales siguiendo pautas regulares, si no hay una reserva actual por parte de otro usuario. No hay renovaciones disponibles para las películas y otros artículos de la Biblioteca Pública de Albany que normalmente se retiran durante una semana.
Place hold requests on the items you want through our website or call 541-917-7580 to have library staff help you. | Realice solicitudes de reserve en los artículos que desee a través de nuestro sitio web al 541-917-7580 para asistencia del personal.
Deliveries will be made twice a month. | Haremos las entregas dos veces por mes.
Library staff will deliver and retrieve the materials at your home. | Personal de la biblioteca entregarán y recogerán los materiales.
Library staff will call or email you within 24 hours of your delivery date. | Un miembro del personal lo llamará o le enviará un correo electrónico dentro de las 24 horas posteriores a la fecha de entrega.
We recommend that you or someone in your family is home to accept delivery. If that is not possible, call library staff to arrange for materials to be left in a secure place. | Recomendamos que usted o alguien de su familia esté en casa para aceptar la entrega. Si no es posible, llame a la biblioteca para arreglar que los materiales se dejen en un lugar seguro.
· Materials arrive in sealed, plastic bags and deliveries will be made in a contact-free manner. | Los materiales llegan en bolsas de plástico, selladas, sin ningún contacto.
· To keep you and library staff safe, we require that the delivery location can accommodate physical distancing. | Para mantenerlo a usted y al personal de la biblioteca seguros, requerimos que el lugar de entrega pueda practicar la distancia física.
Place library materials back in the delivery bag and close the bag. Leave the bag in the pre-arranged delivery place. | Recoja los materiales en la bolsa de plástico de entrega y ciérrela. Deje la bolsa en el lugar de entrega preestablecido.
· This Homebound Delivery Service is free of charge. | Este servicio de entrega a domicilio es gratuito.
· Patrons are responsible for materials delivered through the Homebound Delivery Service. If an item gets lost or damaged while in your care, you would be charged for the replacement cost and processing fee for the item. | Los usuarios del servicio son responsables de los materiales entregados. Si un artículo se pierde o se daña mientras está prestado, se le cobrará el costo de reemplazo y la multa de procesamiento del artículo.
· Patrons will become ineligible for the service if their account falls out of good standing due to fines or replacement fees for lost or damaged materials. | Los usuarios dejan de ser elegibles para el servicio si su cuenta deja de estar vigente debido a multas o tarifas de reemplazo por materiales perdidos o dañados.
Due to staffing shortage, APL is not able to accept new application for Homebound Services until mid-June.
Homebound Delivery Service | Nuevo servicio de entrega a personas confinadas en casa
When getting to the library is too difficult, let the library come to you! The Albany Public Library provides free home delivery to Albany residents who are unable to visit the library due to illness, injury, disability or limited mobility. | ¡Cuando es demasiado difícil venir aquí, permítanos venir a ti! La biblioteca ofrece entrega gratuita a casa a las personas en Albany que no pueden ir de visita a la biblioteca debido a una enfermedad, discapacidad o necesidades especiales. (more…)
Stay at Home Bingo! Looking for a fun distraction or need some reading inspiration? Complete activities and reading prompts in squares. Print your bingo card here.
How to play:
Finish 5 in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally to get a bingo!
Use the hashtag #APLbingo to post your progress and share what you’re reading. We’ll pick one a week to feature on our social media.
You can use Libby or CloudLibrary to download ebooks and audiobooks with your library card!
Join us on Wednesday, March 4 at 4 p.m. Drop in the children’s room to create hands-on crafts! This month the theme is Flowers.
At this time of year we reflect on how thankful we are for community support and donations! Your donations keep our collections fresh and children’s programs relevant. This year donations will pay for 100% of all items added to the collection and many library programs.
Beginning February 1st, APL Passport cards held by Linn Library Consortium members (see list below) will no longer be valid. These patrons will use their home library cards for checkouts from Consortium Libraries, as policies allow. Passport cards from outside the consortium will be unaffected.
Linn Libraries Consortium includes: Albany Public Library (Main & Carnegie), Harrisburg Public Library, LBCC Healthcare Occupations Center Library, Lebanon Public Library, Linn-Benton Community College Library, Scio Public Library, Sweet Home Public Library
Walk into either Albany Public Library and you’ll see hope.
Your gift will help the library:
Give today and help us ensure the library will be here for you now and for generations to come
Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by U.S. Law.
Checkout our new online payment feature! Login to your Library account and securely pay fees and fines with a debit or credit card.
Exploración de libros en español – virtual sobre Zoom
Domingo, el 14 de marzo, 2-3pm
Una exploración virtual en Zoom de la colección de libros en español, incluyendo los libros recién comprados para la biblioteca, y unos de los favoritos títulos de Millie. Usted puede reservar y obtener los títulos mostrados (¡y cualquier otro título!) usando nuestro servicio de recogida en la acera de la biblioteca.
Bingo en español – virtual sobre Zoom
Domingo, el 28 de marzo, 2-3 pm
Relájese con una tarde divertida de Bingo en línea. Todos son bienvenidos participar. ¿Usted puede ganar el premio?
The Library’s marble statue was vandalized on Friday, June 23, 2017, between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. We know our patrons take great pride in our Library as we do. We would appreciate any assistance in finding out who committed this act. If you saw someone vandalizing the statue on the date of the incident, please contact Officer Ken Fandrem at the Albany Police Department. Contact Officer Fandrem by phone (541) 917-7680 or email email@example.com
This summer looks a little different, but there are still opportunities for teens in grades 7 & up who are interested in volunteer credit. If you have volunteered before, check your email for Teen Volunteering correspondence – if you don’t see anything, email our Teen Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org to check that you are on the mailing list.
If you haven’t volunteered before, fill out the Teen Volunteer Application here . You’ll be added to the mailing list and should receive a Welcome Email within a few days that breaks down what volunteering can be done right now, and you’ll get all future emails with new opportunities.
Currently teens can create art to donate to StudentsRebuild, and read & review books for volunteer credit. Volunteer kits will be available later in the summer, as well as some limited in-person opportunities should we be able to accommodate volunteers safely.
A big thank you to all of our Summer Reading Program Donors! You helped us give out more than 11,500 books this summer to kids of all ages. Along with the books, there were fabulous prizes for kids aged 0 – 18, and drawings with great prizes for adults as well. Thank you for keeping up the reading skills of our community’s children during the summer. All of the programs are fun and provide a good opportunity for family time.
A big Thank You to all of our amazing volunteers! We couldn’t do it with out you.
Vacation loan periods may be requested at the time of checkout and they are double the usual loan period. Items that normally check out for one week will be checked out for two weeks, and items that normally check out for three weeks will be checked out for six weeks.
Call or e-mail us for an extended loan – 541-917-7581.