Friends of the Albany Public Library
In 1941, the Friends of the Albany Public Library was established to provide funds for programs and equipment not covered by the City budget. As the services offered by the Library continue to increase, the support of the Friends becomes ever more important. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Library Book Store Hours at the Main Library
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:00-5:00
Tuesday and Thursday 12:00-3:00
BOOK SALE! in the Main Library Meeting Room
2018-19 Programs for the Friends of the Albany Public Library
- September 14 at 12:00 p.m. Sharon Knopa, Albany’s Mayor, will share a visual presentation on the past, present, and future of the historic Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Albany.
- October 12 at 12:00 p.m. Join us as Albany artist, Katy Grant Hanson, shares her journey of becoming a noted painter. Katy tells of her career teaching elementary school and the event that sparked her interest in drawing and painting that became her passion.
- November 2 – 4 Book Sale!
- December 14 at 12:00 p.m. Reader’s Theater, with Leslie Hogan and Jane Donovan. Reader’s Theater Performance of “A Christmas Memory”. “A Christmas Memory” is a short story by Truman Capote. It has been published in many book editions and anthologies. It has been recorded, rewritten as a musical stage play, and even been made into an opera. Bring a friend! Coffee, tea, and cookies served.
- January 11 at 12:00 p.m. Native Oregonian, Melissa Babcock Saylor, will share her explorations in the world of art and her ultimate decision to focus on illustration of children’s books.
Become a Friend of Albany Public Library
April is membership month
- To join the Friends, please stop by the Bookstore, or pick up a brochure at either Library. Please make checks payable to: FRIENDS OF THE ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY. Mail to 2450 14th Ave. SE, Albany, OR, 97322-6880
- For a downloadable membership form, click here.
Saturday, March 2, 2019 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Library Uncorked benefits Children’s Literacy programming and materials.
- Noon programs the second Friday of each month, September-May
- Summer Reading Programs for children, young adults and adults, June-August
- Annual Used Book Sales
- Library Uncorked
- Author’s Day in April
- Used books for sale at both Library branches. All types of books welcome, including CD’s and DVD’s
- Book bags, note cards, and coffee cups for sale at the Friends Book Store
- For book donation pick-up call Nancy Powell at 541-928-4400
- Library Uncorked, wine tasting and silent auction to support children’s programming, materials, and Library card scholarships
Find out how to double your donation and receive a tax credit by donating to the Friends of the Albany Public Library and Oregon Cultural Trust! culturaltrust.org