Friends of the Albany Public Library
In 1941, the Friends of the Albany Public Library was established to provide funds for programs and equipment not covered by the City budget. As the services offered by the Library continue to increase, the support of the Friends becomes ever more important.
Friends of the Library Book Store Hours at the Main Library
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:00-5:00
Tuesday and Thursday 12:00-3:00
November 2018, stay tuned for dates and times.
BOOK SALE! in the Main Library Meeting Room
2018-19 Programs for the Friends of the Albany Public Library
- September 14 at 12:00 p.m. Sharon Knopa, Albany’s Mayor, will share a visual presentation on the past, present, and future of the historic Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Albany.
Become a Friend of Albany Public Library
April is membership month
- To join the Friends, please stop by the Bookstore, or pick up a brochure at either Library. Please make checks payable to: FRIENDS OF THE ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY. Mail to 2450 14th Ave. SE, Albany, OR, 97322-6880
- For a downloadable membership form, click here.
Saturday, March 2, 2019 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Library Uncorked benefits Children’s Literacy programming and materials.
- Noon programs the second Friday of each month, September-May
- Summer Reading Programs for children, young adults and adults, June-August
- Annual Used Book Sale
- Library Uncorked
- Author’s Day in April
- Used books for sale at both Library branches. All types of books welcome, including CD’s and DVD’s
- Book bags, note cards, coffee cups, and wine glasses for sale at the Friends Book Store
- For book donation pick-up call Nancy Powell at 541-928-4400
- Library Uncorked, wine tasting and silent auction to support children’s programming, materials, and Library card scholarships
Find out how to double your donation and receive a tax credit by donating to the Friends of the Albany Public Library and Oregon Cultural Trust! culturaltrust.org