- Renewals may be requested at the Circulation Desk in the Library, over the telephone, or through the “My Account” feature in the Catalog.
- Items may be renewed two times for their normal checkout period.
- The first renewal will be granted automatically unless the item has an outstanding hold. The second renewal must be requested by the borrower. Automatic renewals are for Albany Public Library items only.
- The renewal period begins on the day the item is renewed.
- No item with an outstanding hold may be renewed.
- No item overdue more than seven days can be renewed except when searching for a lost item.
- Nonrenewable items must be reshelved before they can be checked out again.
Renewing items online
- Login to your library account using your library card number and birth date as shown, and click “LOG IN.” (need help?)
- Click on the “Items Checked Out” tab.
- Click on the box to the left of each title you wish to renew.
- At the top of the list of your checkouts, click the “Go” button next to the “Renew Selected Titles” drop down menu. A pop-up message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to renew; select “OK” or cancel.
- A message will appear at the top of the list of check-outs stating how many items were successfully renewed, and/or how many items failed to renew (in red).